Log in to myDavy and go to the trading section
If you have any problems logging into the site, please read How do I log in.
When you click on the Trading tab, the trading page is displayed where you see MyWatchlist/Alerts, My Orders, My Holdings and Cash Account Balances.
Select the ETF you want to sell from my holdings list
The ETFs that you currently hold are listed on the Trading page. To trade units in an ETF that you currently hold, click the Sell button. This will enter the name into the ETF Name field, and you can proceed to choosing the type of order you wish to place.
Once you have selected your ETF, the indicative price and the currency are displayed
The indicative price is an initial estimate of the price based on the last recorded trading price of the ETF. This is provided for information purposes only, as the reporting of market prices is delayed by 20 minutes. This price is not guaranteed, and the quote that you receive for the ETFs will probably differ from the indicative price.
The currency that the ETF is traded in is displayed beside the Indicative Price, and beside the price that you will set for the ETF.
The number of units available for you to sell is displayed in the quantity field
If you want to sell your full holding of the selected ETF, do not edit this number.
If you want to sell only a portion of your holding of this ETF, enter the number of units that you want to sell.
You must place a limit order to sell an ETF
A Limit Order means that when you place an order, you set the lowest price that you are willing to take for the ETF at this time. You must set a time limit on the order, known as the duration.
Your duration choices are:
- Good for Today Only: your order expires once the Market closes. If you input the order after market close for the relevant Exchange, the order will be treated as Good for Next day and will expire when the market closes the next day.
- Good until Friday Week: If you input your order 'Good until Friday week', your order expires Friday of the following week.
To place a limit order:
- Enter the lowest price you are willing to take for the ETF at this time.
- Enter the number of units that you would like to buy.
- You can choose the Quantity OR Net Value (in settlement currency) of what you wish to buy.
- Choose your duration: Good for Today Only or Good until Friday Week (explanation of duration).
- Choose your settlement currency.
- Click Calculate to see a breakdown of the charges on the trade. Calculate allows you to see how much each trade will cost or recoup for you. It gives you a breakdown of the charges on the trade in both the settlement currency and the transaction currency. The settlement currency figures are an estimate, as a currency deal may be required.
- If you are happy to proceed with the trade, click on Preview Order to review the details of your order before placing it.
Settlement Currency: The currency that you want to receive payment in.
On the Preview Order page you can review the details of your order.
- If you are happy with the order and want to proceed, click Place Order.
- If you would like to change the details of your order, click Edit Order to return to the Trade ETFs page and change your order.
- If you have changed your mind and do not want to complete the trade, click Cancel Order.
View open orders
Once your order has been placed:
- Click on the Trading Dashboard
- In the My Orders Section, you can view Open, Executed, Cancelled and Expired orders.
Open orders are those currently working in the market and which have yet to be dealt in the market. Open orders can be valid for up to 14 days inclusive of weekends. Open orders include those partially executed where the order is partially dealt but not completely executed, or the order can be partially executed but where the remainder of the order is pending cancellation.
You can chose to Cancel Order in the Open order section.