Why invest in ETFs with Davy Select?
- More than 330 funds available.
- Access leading providers such as Blackrock (iShares), Vanguard, State Street, Invesco, Deutsche Bank and UBS.
- You are comfortable making your own investment decisions without investment advice.
Need help getting started?
We’re here to help you with any questions.
Call us 01 614 8900
Exchange Traded Funds Explanation
An exchange traded fund is an investment fund that trades on a stock exchange, much like a share. An ETF holds assets such as shares, commodities or bonds and generally trades close to its net asset value over the course of the trading day.
ETFs combine many of the benefits of a unit trust fund with generally lower costs and the tradability of a normal share. ETFs trade on exchanges in the same manner as shares and can be bought and sold during normal trading hours. Learn more.
Please note that selected Exchange Traded Commodities (ETCs) are also available on the Davy Select platform. Learn more.
- ETFs allow you to diversify or spread risk across a number of sectors and geographies.
- You can sell your shares whenever the market is open, subject to liquidity.
- Typically ETFs have lower annual management charges than actively managed funds.
- Fees and charges apply.
Some risks of investing in ETFs
As with all investments, investing in ETFs is not without risk.
- ETF prices can be volatile.
- The overall market may fall, or the ETFs that you invest in may perform badly.
- Although some ETFs may track an index, they are unlikely to perfectly replicate the performance of the index.
Read a more detailed explanation of risks associated with investing in ETFs. In addition to the general risks attaching to ETFs, there are specific risks attaching to each ETF which are set out in the relevant fund documentation.
The benefits of investing in ETFs with Davy Select
A name you can trust
- Leading Irish financial services provider with an established reputation in international markets.
- Versatile and proven platform that makes investing simple, whether you’re an active investor or take a buy and hold approach.
Powerful trading/analysis tools
- Comprehensive financial data, ratings, charts, and reports from MorningstarTM, the market-leading investment analyst.
- ETF profiling and performance history, risk/return analysis, asset allocation, top holdings/sectors/regions and valuation.
Transfer existing ETFs to Davy Select
You can transfer existing ETFs and ETCs into your Davy Select Account. Please note that some brokers charge exit fees and you should check before you transfer.
Are there any issues to consider?
Before transferring any ETFs or ETCs from your current provider, it is important to find out if any charges/penalties apply or whether any additional benefits would be lost if you transfer. For example, are there exit charges/penalties for transferring your funds?
How can Davy Select help?
We can liaise with your existing providers to ensure your transfer is processed efficiently. This service is free. Call us on 01 614 8900 for more information.
How do I proceed?
Please tell your broker to make the transfer to Davy Select. Ensure that you give your Davy Client Account number for the transfer. The broker can email email@example.com. If you have any queries or would like us to help with the transfer, call us on 01 614 8900.
We are an established name, a trusted financial brand that has inspired confidence for nearly a century.
Choosing Davy Select, you’ll build on generations of award-winning services under the Davy banner.
- Choice A wealth of financial products.
- Confidence A trusted and long-established name in financial services.
- Knowledge Market expertise and intelligence.
- Platform & Tools Robust, flexible, highly versatile.
- Customer ServiceWhether you need help getting started, or have a question about your account we are here to help.
- Do it your way Designed for investors who are comfortable making their own investment decisions.