How do I set price alerts?
What is a price alert?
myDavy clients can set up customised alerts for certain shares, ETFs and market indices. There are 2 alerts types; Value alert and Timed alert. A Value Alert is triggered when your selected share price changes. A Timed alert is triggered only at the times you specify. Please note, prices are delayed by 15 minutes.
To set up a new Watchlist/Alert:
1. Login to myDavy.
2. Select “Trading” from the main menu.
3. Click on “Add Stock/Price Alert”.
4. Type the Share or ETF you want to create an alert for.
5. Select “Alert Type” from the drop down menu.
6. Click “Create”.
Choose the alert type: Timed or Value.
To receive an update on the price of your chosen share, ETF, ETC or market each day at a specific time you can set up a timed alert. You can choose up to four different times for each alert that you create.
To set up a Timed Alert, pick "Timed Alert" from the Alert Type drop-down list. A list of times will be displayed. Tick up to four times on the list and click on "Create Alert".
You can choose between four types of value alerts:
- when the price reaches or rises above the value that you set
- when the price reaches or falls below the value that you set
- when the price increases by a percentage that you set
- when the price decreases by a percentage that you set
Value alerts can only be set on a single share or ETF.
To set up a Value Alert:
Pick "Value Alert" from the Alert Type drop-down list.
Choose your value alert type.
Enter the value that you want to be alerted at, and click on "Create Alert".
You will receive your alerts by email and you can view them on any PC, laptop or smart phone.