Why buy and sell Shares with Davy Select?
- More than 9,000 equities on 30+ exchanges.
- Multi-currency accounts.
- Real-time price quotes (in Irish and UK equities) and instant deal confirmation for quote orders.
- You are comfortable making investment decisions on your own, without advice.
Need help getting started?
We’re here to help you with any questions.
Call us 01 614 8900
A share is a portion of the value of a company. Shares are also known as equities, stocks or securities.
When you buy shares, you buy ownership in a corporation or financial asset. Being a shareholder entitles you to participate in the performance of the company and may entitle you to a distribution of any profits in the form of dividends if any are declared.
Shares are generally bought and sold on stock exchanges.
For more information, click here to see our shares guide.
- Shares allow you to invest across a number of industries and economies globally.
- You can sell your shares whenever the market is open, subject to liquidity.
- Shares may offer income through dividends as well as capital growth.
- Fees and charges apply.
Some risks of investing in Shares
- You should remember that the value of shares can fall as well as rise and you could get back less than you invest.
- Not all shares pay dividends and the value of the payments can fluctuate.
- Some investments may offer limited liquidity, depending on market conditions and other factors.
- Past performance is no indication of future performance.
- Investments denominated in a currency other than your base currency can be affected by exchange rate movements when converted back to the base currency.
Read a more detailed explanation of risks associated with investing in shares.
Benefits of investing in shares with Davy Select
Powerful investment platform
- Sophisticated trading and analysis tools from MorningstarTM, a market-leading information provider.
- Financial data, ratings, charts, and reports on thousands of shares.
- Find investments that meet your personal requirements and goals.
- You can transfer your existing holdings from other firms into your Davy Select account.
- Davy Select does not charge a transfer fee for the transfer of holdings from other firms.
- Please be aware that some firms charge exit fees and you should check these before you transfer. Click here for more information.
- Insightful, robust, award-winning analysis across a range of European sectors.
- 30 analysts and support staff providing in-depth coverage on over 110 stocks across a number of key sectors.
- Our economics team focuses particularly on the UK and Irish economies as well as providing insights on more global trends.
We are an established name, a trusted financial brand that has inspired confidence for nearly a century.
Choosing Davy Select, you’ll build on generations of award-winning services under the Davy banner.
- Choice A wealth of financial products.
- Confidence A trusted and long-established name in financial services.
- Knowledge Market expertise and intelligence.
- Platform & Tools Robust, flexible, highly versatile.
- Customer ServiceWhether you need help getting started, or have a question about your account we are here to help.
- Do it your way Designed for investors who are comfortable making their own investment decisions.