Why buy and sell Shares with Davy Select?
- More than 9,000 equities on 30+ exchanges.
- Multi-currency accounts.
- Real-time price quotes (in Irish and UK equities) and instant deal confirmation for quote orders.
- You are comfortable making investment decisions on your own, without advice.
Need help getting started?
We’re here to help you with any questions.
Call us 01 614 8900
A share is a portion of the value of a company. Shares are also known as equities, stocks or securities.
When you buy shares, you buy ownership in a corporation or financial asset. Being a shareholder entitles you to participate in the performance of the company and may entitle you to a distribution of any profits in the form of dividends if any are declared.
Shares are generally bought and sold on stock exchanges.
For more information, download our shares guide.
- Shares allow you to invest across a number of industries and economies globally.
- You can sell your shares whenever the market is open, subject to liquidity.
- Shares may offer income through dividends as well as capital growth.
- Fees and charges apply.
Some risks of investing in Shares
- You should remember that the value of shares can fall as well as rise and you could get back less than you invest.
- Not all shares pay dividends and the value of the payments can fluctuate.
- Some investments may offer limited liquidity, depending on market conditions and other factors.
- Past performance is no indication of future performance.
- Investments denominated in a currency other than your base currency can be affected by exchange rate movements when converted back to the base currency.
Read a more detailed explanation of risks associated with investing in shares.
Benefits of investing in shares with Davy Select
Powerful investment platform
- Sophisticated trading and analysis tools from MorningstarTM, a market-leading information provider.
- Financial data, ratings, charts, and reports on thousands of shares.
- Find investments that meet your personal requirements and goals.
- You can transfer your existing holdings from other firms into your Davy Select account.
- Davy Select does not charge a transfer fee for the transfer of holdings from other firms.
- Please be aware that some firms charge exit fees and you should check these before you transfer. Click here for more information.
- Insightful, robust, award-winning analysis across a range of European sectors.
- 30 analysts and support staff providing in-depth coverage on over 110 stocks across a number of key sectors.
- Our economics team focuses particularly on the UK and Irish economies as well as providing insights on more global trends.
We are an established name, a trusted financial brand that has inspired confidence for nearly a century.
Choosing Davy Select, you’ll build on generations of award-winning services under the Davy banner.
Why Davy Select?
- Choice A wealth of financial products.
- Confidence A trusted and long-established name in financial services.
- Knowledge Market expertise and intelligence.
- Platform & Tools Robust, flexible, highly versatile.
- Customer ServiceWhether you need help getting started, or have a question about your account we are here to help.
- Do it your way Designed for investors who are comfortable making their own investment decisions.